Happy Lists has moved! Please read this post at http://myhappylists.com/2008/08/5-ways-to-improve-your-dance-moves/
Whether you’re a man or woman, it feels good to feel sexy. It doesn’t matter who you are, feeling attractive boosts confidence and happiness. While many of these may be aimed towards women, I hope you can find a few creative and fun ways to feel sexy!
1. Cat Walk. If you’ve ever seen a model walk down the cat walk, the image of sexy, beautiful, and attractive probably comes to mind. No matter what you look like, you can walk sexy. Practice walking with good posture, confidence (fake it for now if you have to), head up, and think sexy things. Try walking like this for a week, and see if you notice any differences in the way people look at you.
2. Sexy Eyes. While you’re walking all sexy, make sexy eyes…not crazy eyes, but sexy eyes! Think and channel, “SEXY.” Make your blinks a little longer, add a mysterious and sexy half-smile, glance at people and blink away.
3. Smile and Laugh. Who was the last cranky-butt you thought was sexy? Yeah, that’s what I thought. Now, you can rock the “bitchy sexy,” but that takes a lot more practice and the right crowd. Stick with fun and sexy – more people are into that.
4. Get out. People on the internet might provide you an opportunity to experience sexiness, but that doesn’t come near to getting outside the house and making physical eye contact with another individual. If you just can’t pull yourself away from the cyber world, get a microphone and practice that deep, sexy, sultry voice. 🙂
5. Shower. Seems obvious, but if you’re feeling dumpy and down – a shower can be the perfect thing to lift your spirits (and make you smell better).
6. Dress Up. After you take that hot and steamy shower, get dressed. Hair, make-up, cute clothes – the whole shebang. The more you put into your appearance, the sexier you will feel.
7. Workout. Whether you’re a size “0” or a size “40” – working out will make your body feel good, give you more confidence, and make you feel sexier. So whether you think you need it or not, and whether you think you want to or not, just do it. Start small, do what you can, and start noticing how much better you feel. Checkout my post on 20 Creative Ways to Get Exercise.
8. Write your fantasies. You’re on the computer reading this, so you must know to work this thing. Open up a word document, and start writing about some of your hottest fantasies. Worried others will find your wild fantasies? Two words: password protect. Don’t how to do that? Ask the little help wizard/paperclip guy in Microsoft Word. Work on your fantasies, make them juicy and exciting. Need to feel sexy? Write, read, and enjoy!
9. Tan. If you aren’t white, you’re already one step closer to sexiness! If you are pasty white and live in America – welcome to the culture of tanning. Self-tanning lotion is great and safe, so I suggest that. Start using it. Take notice to how much sexier you feel. If it doesn’t help, then don’t do it. If it does, how easy is it to slab on some sexy every morning?
10. Water. Water is the basis for physical and mental health. To function at your best, provide your body and mind with the water it requires. Start drinking enough, and you will start feeling better physically. When a body feels good, a body feels good.
11. Flirt. If you are single, get out and flirt. Successful flirting is a skill. If you have a friend you think is great at flirting, ask them to coach you. If you are married, flirt with your partner. Yes, flirt with your partner. I don’t care that you’re married – you can still flirt with one another. Remind yourself how much fun you had when you first met – re-spark that inner-sexiness from when you first met.
12. Dance. Pump up that music and move your body. Can’t dance? Learn. With the internet, you can learn to do anything. Practice in private and then take those moves to the dance floor! Dancing is also a great way to improve your abs, as I talked about in 9 Creative Ways to Workout Abs (without crunches).
13. Connect to your body. Feeling sexy means that you have complete control over your body and you feel great about what you look like, feel like, and what you are capable of doing with your body. If you haven’t gotten “in touch” with yourself in a while (or ever, eek!) – go for it. Knowing and understanding your body is essential to being a strong and sexy individual. It also comes in handy when you want to be intimate with another individual – you know what you like and need and can have healthy communication about it.
14. The right clothing. I understand that sweats are comfy, but NO – they won’t make you feel (or look sexy). Find the right type of clothing to flatter your body type. Do your research and bring an honest friend shopping with you. Don’t have enough money to overhaul your wardrobe? That’s fine. Go buy one flatter thing from Ross, Target, or a second-hand store like Good Will. Looking good doesn’t need to cost a fortune. Start small!
15. Get your beauty sleep! It’s hard to feel sexy and energetic when you feel like your face is dragging on the floor. Be sure to get enough rest! Having trouble falling asleep? Check out these Ways to Fall Asleep and be sure to get the beauty rest your sexiness demands!
16. Say it. “I am sexy.” How many different ways can you say it? Try it out loud. I AM sexy. i am SEXY. I AM sexy. I AM SEXY. I am sexy. Keep going it. When you need a boost, see how many different ways you can phrase it (and remember to do it outloud for best results!)
Need some more ways to feel sexy? Check these out:
Filed under: Mental Health, Physical Health | Tagged: attractive, better, bitchy, body, catwalk, clothing, confidence, connect, cranky, dance, darker, down, dumpy, exciting, eyes, fantasies, feel good, feel sexy, flirt, happiness, happy, happy lists, juicy, laugh, lift, List, microphone, outfit, romance novel, say, sexier, sexiness, sexy, shower, small, smell, smile, spirits, start, start small, tan, touch, walk, water, Ways to, wear, workout, write | 2 Comments »
In my last post, I made a list of 7 Simples Ways to Lose a little Weight, and one of the list items included “Get Creative.” Adding movement and activity in small ways can add up to some extra exercise to help us lose a little weight or stay healthy. Exercise doesn’t always have to be 30 minutes of cardio activity. Sometimes, it can just be little things that get us moving. So, challenge yourself to do a couple of these each day, and you might surprise yourself with the results:
1. Sit and be Fit. There’s a program called “Sit and be Fit” for elderly people who need to exercise. It’s a session of exercise that’s completed entirely while sitting down. I’ve taken that idea and turned it into my Couch Potato Sit to be Fit. I have a couple hand weights by my recliner, and while I’m watching television or a movie, I’ll sometimes grab the hand weight and do some exercise. Once you start, you’d be amazed at how creative you can get in finding ways to work different muscles while sitting in a recliner. Even just flexing your abs or butt muscles for the length of a commercial is something.
2. The Flex Challenge. Can you flex your abs? butt? pull your shoulders back? Challenge yourself to do this each time something happens. For example, flex your abs every time you walk through a door. Or if you’re driving, flex your butt every time you turn. Get creative with it and have some fun.
3. Brushing Teeth Squats. If you have a Sonicare toothbrush, it takes 2 minutes to brush your teeth. You can do 2 minutes of squats, lunges, or wall-sits. That’s better than just standing there staring at yourself.
4. Washing Dishes Calf-Raises. I hate washing dishes, and I hate exercise – so I might as well do both at the same to get it over with. While standing at the sink, do some calf-raises. That’s not too difficult.
5. An extra flight of stairs. If you have stairs in your home, you have a great tool to add exercise. A couple times a day, when you are headed up (or down) the stairs to get something, go up and down one extra time. Pretty easy.
6. The dog. If you are blessed with a dog, you have a super easy way to add exercise to your life. If a walk around the block is just too much for you (because you don’t want to get dressed, put on shoes, and go through the effort) just chase your dog around your house. Add a toy. It’s fun, exhausting, and no one has to see you do it.
7. Dance. While you’re getting dressed in the morning, put on some music that makes you want to dance. Instead of walking to the closet, kitchen, bathroom – you can dance. You can do this in privacy and it’s a great way to start the day.
8. One More. I have a goal to be able to do 100 consecutive push-ups. I’ve always dreamed of being able to pump them out with ease. Each day, add just one more. If you start with 3 that’s okay. Tomorrow, you’ll push yourself to do 4. We can all do just “one more.”
9. 5-minute clean. Set the timer (on your oven or cell phone) for 5 minutes. Now, pick-up and clean as much as you can in your house. That means you might need to run to the living room and then run to your bedroom to put that crap away. Having a timer will motivate you to get as much done in 5 minutes as possible. That will make you move faster which will get you moving.
10. Counter-top push-ups. Every time you go to the bathroom in your home, do a set of what I call counter-top push-ups. Stand back, put your hands on the edge of the counter, and do some half push-ups. Start with a set of 5 and see how many you can get up to. It only takes a few seconds and you’re there anyway, so you might as well do something for yourself other than relieve your bladder.
11. Cell phone flexibility. While you’re chatting on the phone with your friends and family, you probably don’t want to be doing something that will put you out of breath, so do simple stretching, squats, lunges, wall-sits, or whatever simple exercises you can think of. You don’t have to just sit there while you’re talking on the phone. You can actually move around ya know!
12. Remember Jumping Jacks? See how many you can do during one or two commercials while you’re watching television. Have a lazy roommate or spouse? Challenge them to see who can do more.
13. Replace the recliner. Replace the recliner with a stationary bike. Even if you bike super slow, it’ll be more movement than if you were just sitting on the couch or recliner. And find a comfy one so you’ll actually sit on it.
14. Arm wrestle. Both arms and with as many people who are willing to do it. It’s silly. And it’s okay to be silly!
15. Get in bed. Get in bed with a partner, and commit to being intense. Don’t be a lazy bum who let’s the other person do all the work. See how many different moves you can show the person you love!
16. Pillow Fight! Getting irritated at your partner? Feeling tense? Have a pillow fight! It’ll feel good to release all that tension, and it might lead to number 15.
17. Race. Going somewhere? Leaving somewhere? Park in the back and race your partner to the front. You might look silly, but you’ll also look hot when you lose a couple pounds. It’s fun! And it’s okay to be silly!!
18. Get a treat. If you sometimes go to get a treat with your partner – coffee, slurpee, ice-cream, any tasty treat – do it. But instead of driving there. Walk. It gives you a destination (which is easier than just going for a walk for exercise); it gives you a reward; you have to finish the walk to get home; you have a tasty treat for the way home; and you have someone to talk to – which makes it less like exercise and more like social time.
19. Be creative! You can take almost any activity you do in your life, and add some extra movement, flexing, and exercise. Just start thinking about it. How long can you hold both your legs up in the air while sitting at your desk at work?
20. Have fun and challenge yourself. If you’ve noticed, a lot of these items are silly! And that’s okay! Have fun and challenge yourself to add movement and activity into your life in as many ways as possible. Make silly competitions with your partner, challenge yourself to add more, do more, move more. And you will start feeling and seeing a difference in your body. It’s amazing how powerful small steps can be – because a small step is better than no step!
Here are some other lists of other creative ways to lose weight and get healthy! Good luck!
Have some additional creative ways to exercise or get moving? Leave a comment!!
Filed under: Physical Health | Tagged: active, activity, arm wrestle, bed, calf-raises, cell phone, challenge, clean, creative, creative exercise, dance, dog, Exercise, flex, flex challenge, flexibility, fun, jumping jacks, lose weight, move, one more, pillow fight, push-ups, race, recliner, sit to be fit, squats, stairs, treat, Weight | 14 Comments »