The 100 Push-Up Challenge has become quite popular. I am personally just starting! For a motivator, here are some reasons to do push-ups. This is a great training tool to get you to meet that 100 push-up mark. I’m just starting the program, but I’ll update as soon as I’m done!
1. Muscles. Push-Ups help you build muscles. And muscles burn fat. And burning fat is good. Muscles also look sexy.
2. Lots of muscles. Instead of working one muscle out at a time, push-ups work-out lots of muscles. Don’t take my word for it. Do as many push-ups as you can today. See which muscles hurt tomorrow. I promise it will be more than one.
3. Free. Push-ups are intense. You don’t have to pay to use a gym or fancy equipment. It’s all you baby.
4. Anywhere. You can do push-ups virtually anywhere that has gravity. For comfort and safety, you might not do them anywhere, but you get the point.
5. Impress your friends. I’m not talking to just the guys here, we all know how impressive it is when someone can literally drop down and give you 50…or 100 for that matter.
6. Self-esteem. The more push-ups you do, the better you will feel about yourself. And they call that positive self-esteem, and that sounds pretty nice to me!
7. Military. In case you choose to join the military, you’ll have the push-up thing mastered!
8. Jail. This is kind of like #5, Impress your Friends. If you end up in jail or prison for some reason, you’ll impress your cell mate if you can do a bunch of push-ups. Maybe this will help you avoid some bad situations. Maybe.
9. Bragging rights. Not just your friends will be impressed, but strangers too! You can totally brag about how many push-ups you can do. Just be prepared to prove it. That will definitely impress members of the opposite sex…or not.
10. Lose weight. Experts say that exercise is needed to lose weight. Push-ups are a form of exercise. That added bonus of push-ups is that they build muscles, which increases your metabolism, making you burn more fat. So congrats. Now you’re losing even more weight.
Here’s some additional good reason to do push-ups:
Laurens Fitness (it’s about shoulder blades)